Wednesday, January 2, 2008

You gained 12 Pounds in 4 Weeks!?!?!?!?!

So much for the theory that I won’t gain as much weight as the last time! And, needless to say, my Doctor wasn’t too pleased with me at my last check up. Apparently, I somehow gained 12 pounds over the last 4 weeks. (I’m sure it had nothing to do with the holiday meals and frequent dinners out celebrating the season.) I tried pleading with her, “But it was JUST Christmas.” She didn’t look amused. As she flipped through my chart (all the way back to when I was pregnant the first time) she continued to look at me with accusatory eyes and that “how dare you expression.” I tried to convince her that you can’t compare this pregnancy to the last, AT ALL. For starters, I’m seven years older and I started out heavier this time around (about 15 pounds heavier). She tsk tsk’d me when she said, “well you didn’t even hit this weight until the END of your previous pregnancy.” At that point, I just gave up; I hung my head and said, “Yes, I know.” I then listened to the “More weight gain, higher risks of this and that” speech.

And so, that brings me to my New Year’s resolution . . . to REALLY start watching what I am eating! No more junk food in the house because I can’t control myself and I definitely don’t want to give birth to a 10 pound baby (6 lbs 15 oz was tragic enough). Now that the holidays are over, I have no more excuses, no more reasons to splurge on dessert. And I need to try and get more exercise in to my routine. I have really been immobile because of the hip and tailbone pain, but I am going to have to force myself to push through it and get moving.

Overall, I really find this amusing, simply because I don’t feel like I’ve packed on 12 pounds. I admit that I haven’t been the best about watching my diet, but I also don’t feel like huge whale either. Everyone says that I look great, just all belly. Oh well!

No comments: