Monday, January 14, 2008

26 Weeks . . . Less than 100 days!

The countdown is really beginning now! There are only 95 days left until my due date! I can’t wait! Our friends Adam and Jen just had a beautiful baby boy (Luke) on January 4th and visiting them in the hospital made me so excited for our own bundle of joy to get here! I’m starting to feel just the tiniest bit uncomfortable and I know it’s only going to get worse from here on out.

Baby Walker is moving A LOT these days! Especially at night when I am trying to sleep! Some nights between a restless husband and a restless baby, I feel like I don’t get to sleep at all. I try to take as many naps as I can, simply because I know the sleeplessness is only going to get worse before it gets better. Overall though, I can’t complain too much. I’m still dealing with pain issues, but now that I am down to less than 100 days, I know that soon the pregnancy portion will be all over and I’ll have new pains and issues to deal with! (Like losing the weight and hopefully getting my body back!)

Today I am going for the dreaded glucose testing! I’m not looking forward to downing my bottle of orange liquid that tastes like a can of flat orange soda. All of these tests are the one thing I could really do without during this whole pregnancy thing!

I think I am doing much better with my eating habits, and I am hoping that when I go to my appointment on the 25th that the scale doesn’t show another 12 pound increase! I’ve been weighing myself daily at home, and there hasn’t been any dramatic weight gain, so I’m crossing my fingers that I can hold steady over the next 2 weeks. I’ve been walking on the treadmill at home. I managed 3 times last week and the week before. I am going to try and up that to 5 times this week and next. I really have to push through the pain in my ass, hips and legs, and I usually ache when I’m finished, but they say the exercise is beneficial, so as long as I can stand it, I’m going to push myself.

In other “mom” news, Tyler is turning 7 this week! I can’t believe it! My baby is going to be 7 years old and is quite the little man! He is really looking forward to becoming a big brother and talks to the baby constantly. We keep telling him that it will be his responsibility to change all the diapers! He says “no way, you’re the mom that’s your job!” I’m sure he’ll be willing to help out with all aspects once the baby is here!

No comments: