Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yes! We Still Exist!

I know, I know . . . I'm horrible about blogging! I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted! Honestly, it really doesn't feel like that long ago, time just seems to fly by. So much has happened though in the past couple of months and I'll do my best to update. It may take me a few posts though!

I'll start with the baby! Aedan is now almost 13 months! I simply can't believe it! He is changing, growing, and learning so much everyday. He started walking right when he turned 10 months! Each day he is moving easier and at a much quicker pace. He waves bye-bye and loves to tackle you if you are on the floor at his level. He climbs the stairs and has figured out how to go down them as well, but we still try to avoid the stairs for safety reasons :) He loves playing outside and tries to mimic EVERYTHING big brother Tyler does (skateboarding, riding a scooter, the bike, you name it!). Aedan had his one year check up and he weighs in at a whopping 22 lbs 11oz. He is 31 inches tall. We have started to look into daycare options and its sad to think that my days of bringing Aedan to work with me are coming to an end, but his activity level is continually increasing, making it difficult to keep tabs on him.

Tyler is nearing the end of 2nd grade and is soooooo ready for the summer break! Now that the weather is warm he is spending most of his time outside and is enjoying every minute of it. He has been taking drum lessons at the Cumberland Valley School of Music, and I must admit, for an 8 year old . . . I think he does rather well (although a quieter instrument would be nice). He had a great year in wrestling, but we are thinking it may be his last. He really wants to play basketball and of course it's just impossible to do both.

We took a short trip to OCMD at the end of April. Eric and never been there and it had been YEARS since I was there to enjoy the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk. We had a great trip, the weather was spectacular and we lucked into the MD Kite Exposition. It was the perfect time of year to visit OC. We are thinking of making it an annual "spring" break.

No comments: